Cub Scout Pack 843 is chartered by Zion Lutheran Church.The Pack began its charter in the early 90’s. Pack 843 is a member of the Frontier District, which is in the Laurel Highlands Council. The Laurel Highlands Council is supported by the Boy Scouts of America.
Once a month we hold a pack meeting, usually on a Friday evening. The pack meetings are sometimes at the School, sometimes at the Zion Church, and sometimes they are somewhere completely different!
Throughout the year there are special events. We try to offer something to interest every scout, but here are a few of the highlights:
- Pack Hayride in October
- Holiday Party in December
- Pinewood Derby races in January
- Blue and Gold Banquet in February
- Raingutter Regatta in March
- Cubmobile Races in April
- Daycamp in June
- Resident (overnight) camp at Heritage Scout Reservation in July
- Various outdoor activities in August — sometimes family camping, geocaching, fishing, or horseback riding. Who knows what’s next!
Cub Scout Pack 843 is located in the community of South Fayette Township. South Fayette is in Allegheny County, which is in the South Western region of Pennsylvania. South Fayette Township is about 15 miles south of Pittsburgh.
Most of the boys that are members of Pack 843 attend to South Fayette Elementary School.